Sunday, July 31, 2011

Capturing


Besides my love of creating little hand and foot impressions in clay....I have been enjoying learning a new form of capturing. Photography. I, like everyone has taken pictures throughout my life, but it hasn't been until recently that I am actually learning a thing or two about photography. I had the opportunity to travel to France and Italy this spring. I was able to use my camera every day. Because I was using it everyday I was able to really figure that darn camera out. Now, by no means am I an expert or even super good, but I have learned to really love capturing a moment in time visually, even if that moment is just for me. I used to make fun of people who took pictures with nobody in them. Why on earth would someone want to do that?!? Silly me. Once I started to really look at life around me, with all its beauty, I really discovered the joy of capturing just about everything. I have found I am really drawn to textures. While in Europe, with all the beautiful architecture, old doors, windows, walls, moss, streets, lampposts, locks, landscapes, statues, and even old hooks sticking out of buildings, I found endless opportunity to practice my very novice photography skills. I am yearning to go back and get lost over there for a really really really long time. Until then I will continue on capturing the beauty around me wherever I am. Watch out, I may just need to capture the beauty of you. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment