Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grandpa

This Grandpa understood……….This summer at the Freedom Festival baby contest I had a booth set up displaying all my little ceramic hand and foot impressions and I was busy creating impressions right on the spot. It is such a fun place to be and sooooo many cute babies and toddlers. Throughout the day a certain grandpa kept coming by my booth and admiring at all my hand and footprint samples. He asked me all the questions about prices, styles, how long it took, etc. He even brought over his wife and daughter (with the grandbaby) and showed them how cute and fun the little impressions were.  He REALLY wanted to make a little impression of his granddaughter. His wife and daughter liked the impressions but were too busy to stop and really listen to what he was trying to say. He stopped by my booth 4 times through out the day and said he was working on getting the “ladies” to make some time to have some impressions make of the little baby. Well, it never happened. On his way out of the event he stopped by for a fifth time and said he was going to keep trying. I felt so bad for him as I could tell he really understood the specialness of little hands and feet. He must have been told no………which makes me sad for many reasons, but that is a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment