Thursday, July 28, 2011

Compare and Contrast

No matter how old we get, we love to measure, compare, contrast and size up our hands to others. My son found some handprints in the hills of Sundance, Utah on a beautiful trail on an old little house.The first thing he did was place his hand inside one of the hands in the cement imprint. He is 14 now and still instinctively placed his hands in the handprints. I often wonder why we do that…..but we do. We have all done it. It is just one of those things we like to do. Our hands are amazing. The history and stories that lie within each one of our hands is pretty amazing too. We use our hands to speak, to hug, to touch, feel, love, explain and sadly even to hurt (hopefully not any of us though). :)  I love that I can help capture the stories that lie within the lines of our hands. I love capturing every type of hand. Everything from the newness of a baby’s hand to the roughness of a man’s hand, the beautiful wrinkles of a grandmothers hand to the softness of a young mother’s hand. Everyone of us is so different and one way that is shown is through our hands. I hope to capture as many hands and as many stories I can by doing what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment