Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Good Happening

I love when an unexpected wonderful happening happens. This evening I had two hand and foot appointments scheduled. My first appointment was a bit late and my second appointment was a bit early. This used to really STRESS me out when I first started my business. I was so worried about keeping everyone entertained and making sure everyone was taken care of. But, I have learned a thing or two over the years of working my little business and that is to just let things work themselves out. Tonight was a good example of that. While working with my first appointment I welcomed in my second appointment....great grandma, granddaughter and new baby and had them sit down in my family room which is part of my studio room, just off to the side. I kept working with my first customer, a repeat customer....a mom bringing her 4th baby to me. :) Anyway, what was so fun about his evening is we ended up sitting a visiting for awhile. We were just talking about babies and kids and life. Sometimes it is just the right mix of people and the conversation just flows. It felt so good to know they seemed comfortable in my home and relaxed enough to sit down, feed and change their babies and visit for awhile. I love that part about my business. I get to have talks about amazing things. I hear very personal stories sometimes. I love the connection I have with most of my customers. I am very thankful to do what I do and I look forward to the moments when unexpected wonderful happenings happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment